Aussie Working


What Are the Requirements for a 417 Working Holiday Visa?

Thinking about coming to Australia on a Working Holiday (subclass 417) visa? First and foremost, make sure that you meet all the requirements!

  • I am between (inclusive of) the ages 18 and 30.
  • I┬áhave a passport from one of the following countries: Belgium, Canada, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Taiwan, United Kingdom.
    If you do not see your country above, check here to see if you qualify for a 462 Work and Holiday visa.
  • I have not previously entered Australia on a 462 Work and Holiday visa.
  • I have enough money (about 5000 Australian dollars) to support myself on a working holiday as well as purchase a return or onward travel ticket at the end of my working holiday.
  • I have no dependent children that will be accompanying me on my working holiday.
  • I have no outstanding debts to the Australian government or have arranged to repay any outstanding debts.
  • I am choosing to come to Australia for a holiday.

Additionally, depending on your personal circumstances, you may be asked to provide the following. However, many applicants are never asked for these!

  • Proof of health or health examinations.
  • Police records that show you meet character requirements.
  • Biometrics (for identification) from applicants from France.

Do you meet all of these requirements? If so, click here to read more about how to apply!

1 thought on “What Are the Requirements for a 417 Working Holiday Visa?”

  1. Pingback: Which Countries are Eligible for an Australian Working Holiday Visa?

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top