If you’re considering coming to Australia under a Work and Holiday (subclass 462) visa, your first step is to make sure you meet all the requirements!
- I am between (inclusive of) the ages 18 and 30.
- I have a passport from one of the following countries: Argentina, Bangladesh, Chile, Indonesia, Malaysia, Poland, Thailand, Turkey, the United States, Uruguay.
If you do not see your country above, check here to see if you qualify for a 417 Working Holiday visa.
- I have not previously entered Australia on a 417 Working Holiday visa.
- I have enough money (about 5000 Australian dollars) to support myself on a working holiday as well as purchase a return or onward travel ticket at the end of my working holiday.
- I have no dependent children that will be accompanying me on my working holiday.
- I have no outstanding debts to the Australian government or have arranged to repay any outstanding debts.
- I meet the education requirement:
- From the United States: I have a high school qualification.
- From Argentina, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Turkey, Malaysia, Poland or Uruguay: I have a tertiary (university) qualification or have completed at least two years of undergraduate university.
- From Chile: I have a tertiary (university) qualification or have been approved to do a third year of undergraduate university.
- From Thailand: I have a diploma or degree from this list of eligible qualifications.
- I have evidence that I speak functional English. For more information about English qualifications, see the “Functional English” section here.
- I have a letter of support from my government (unless I’m from the United States). See more information about how to get a letter in the “Letter of government support” section here.
Additionally, depending on your personal circumstances, you may be asked to provide the following. However, many applicants are never asked for these!
- Proof of health or health examinations.
- Police records that show you meet character requirements.
- Biometrics (for identification) from applicants from Bangladesh or Malaysia.
Do you meet all of these requirements? If so, read more about how to apply!