Brisbane is the capital of the ‘Sunshine State’ (Queensland) and home to over 2 million people. It is the 3rd largest city and if you are planning on visiting Australia on a working holiday visa, here are some of the reasons you have to visit!
- Located close to some of Australia’s best tourist locations with the Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast, Byron Bay and, not to mention the multiple tropical islands close to the city
- World Heritage Listed Fraser Island is a couple of hours drive from Brisbane
- It’s not called the ‘Sunshine State’ for nothing, Brisbane has a sub-tropical climate which means it enjoys warm weather all year round
- Brisbane is often referred to as a ‘big country town’ due to its laid back culture
- The population density of Brisbane is three times less than Sydney & Melbourne = less traffic, lower rental prices closer to the city
- Brisbane is home to Australia’s only inner city beach at South Bank, you can top up your tan during your lunch break
- Australia Zoo, home of the late Steve Irwin, is located North of the City
So where the bloody hell are ya?
Blog by: Ben Wheeler